Lemon Ginger Biscotti-gluten free
Makes about 24-30 cookies/ 350F for 25min then 250F for 45 min
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free, plus a bit for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup finely chopped ginger
- Zest of three lemons and juice of one
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone slip mat, or use a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together the sugar and butter in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then beat in the eggs, and vanilla extracts until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low; add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Then fold in the ginger and lemon zest
- Dust your hands, work surface and the dough you dumped out with flour. Divide in two equal parts and shape into two 3 x 12-inch logs and put on prepared baking sheet, leaving room between them. Bake at 350F until puffed and set, about 25 min. Let cool for ten minutes on baking sheet, then transfer carefully to a cutting board.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 250 F. Slice the logs into 1-inch thick pieces; put cut side down on baking sheet. Return to the oven and bake for 45 minutes flipping halfway through. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.